California Must-Do: Long Beach Antique Market
Featured blogger Xenia Galaviz visits the Long Beach Antique Market and shares her fun flea market experiences and shopping tips with us.
Even if you aren't into thrifting or antiquing, the Long Beach Antique Market is a must-do. There is something for everyone. My 6 year old Duke is used to being dragged around to thrift stores, antique malls, flea markets and swap meets so he loves checking out all the cool "vintage" stuff. My teenagers love going too and taking them reminds me of the times I went when I was a teenager.
I was walking through the aisles and reversed. Funny!
I love vintage scraps! Making ephemera packs make me happy!
OG Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and other figures!
This painting gave me a Dr. Seuss vibe. Love all the frames!
I wanted some!
These pieces were so cheap! Kinda sad I passed on them!
I like booths like this! Reminds me of mine at community!
Antique / Flea Market Tips:
- Get there EARLY!
- Do not pass something up - if you want it, get it right then and there.
- Bring CASH!
- Haggle with the seller but don't lowball - don't be insulting!
- Go through all the rows and dig through crates!
- Keep an eye out for "specials"! - There were different vendors that had $1-5 boxes. I found a vintage Wonder Woman mask for $1!
- Wear comfy shoes and sunscreen! Bring snacks and drinks too, you'll be there for at least 2+ hours!
- Ask around. Most of the time, these vendors sell at the same places and have known each other for years - if you are looking for something they might have it or know someone that does!
- Go there with a budget. You know how much you want to spend total and you know how much you want to spend on certain things so stick to your budget! I have heard stories how people start saving for a few months and returning armed with a list. Be that person.